Uncle Jim by Milt Lytle August 2014

Uncle Jim lived a short life. He took me fishing once with one or two other kids when I was about 6 years old. I caught my first and only fish. I am not a fisherman. We went to the Pine Valley Reservoir. Uncle Jim had a stroke and lost the use of his right side and had to learn to sign his name with his left hand. He spent some time with us in our den in St. George. He was confined to his hospital bed just adjacent to the kitchen. Tim being the mischievous kid of 4 or 5 yrs. old, decided to roast some marshmallows in the oven. He had seen our mom do it and she was gone at the time. Anyway, he forgot about them and they burned making a smoke. Well, poor Uncle Jim thought he was done for and couldn't get up. I guess some one eventually showed up to the rescue.  

No comments :

Post a Comment