Dear Ken and Afton

Dear Ken and Afton,
       Guess you already know I Love you both very much and I wanted to thank you for the many times you have come to my rescue.  Like the times you totted me up to Utah county to see the doctor, and took me down to Dixie country to see our folks.  I have appreciated all of it so much. The many times we visited you at the ranch and the fun it was to be with your family.  It is always fun when you come to see us. You and Afton always have fun stories to tell. 



Those deer hunts will always be a special part of our lives. You were all so good to us and we loved our trips to Torrey. Remember the day the family was to make this big drive?  Afton, Hal and I road on top of the mountain, you drove the deer right to Hal. He run a few feet and shot, the deer went down and so did he.  We got him over to a big flat rock where he sat down and struggled for a bit to get his breath.  We waited and stood around scared, not knowing what to do. Ben kept telling him "Dad you are going to be ok."  Kelvin took care of the deer and when Hal felt better we went back to the house and went home next morning.  Hal loved to go to your ranch better than any thing.  Thanks to all your family. Remember how Jeana would get up at  5 o’clock ready to be our guide?  She was only a small child but a darn good guide. 

          Remember when I took George to the ranch to meet you?  I was glad you liked him.  He has always been so good to me. I am so grateful for your patience with me. I call you so often because I like your advice, You always help me to straighten my thoughts out. Thanks for your help.  Afton you are my dear sister and you have put up with us even when Ken was out on the truck. Your boys were always so helpful to Hal and he sure liked them. 


       Remember the year Darwin and Valyn lived at the ranch? We went anyway and Darwin got this Big Buck?? Sure was pretty!! Remember how we would all spread our sleeping bags out on your floor, Carolyn went with us the year before they were married and Ken made us leave the light on all night. Ha ha !

      After I married George, we went down and Evan gave us his deer, Thanks Evan, it was so sweet of you. One night we played poker with Kelvin and his wife. They only had Clifton then but he was a beautiful child. It was fun. I think that was the only time we played cards. 

     Grant was living at the dorms at the BYU when Mama was staying with me. She wanted to go see him. I didn`t really know how to find him but we drove over and stopped in front of some dorms. We were just setting there when Grant came out running to the car. I was so surprised but oh so happy. I never did get acquainted with BYU campus. We were always so happy to have he and Susan come to see us. One time while we lived in the big house at the turkey farm, I had three Susan Leavitt sit at my dinner table. Grant’s Susan, Glen`s Susan and Mama.  Kinda fun!!!! 

      Ken, first time I went to your home on the Ranch I felt like I was going in our home back in Veyo,  That was such a good feeling.  I felt so at home.  Ken you have always been such a sweet natured person and I have always appreciated the times you have called me when  I was having difficulties. You always gave me a lift and I appreciate your concern. You and Afton are so very special. 

 Always know I love you, 
Hazel 


No comments :

Post a Comment