Susan and Lemuel
Pages
Living in Veyo (1952)
The few years I lived in Veyo were special times. Living in Veyo was living as one BIG family. Everyone seemed to take care of each other. Steven and I were always together probably because he was born May 10th and I was born May 31st and our fathers (Leo & Ken) being such close brothers. Not only were we always together but at such a young age we were always in trouble, especially for racing. Our Dads bought a couple of old horses for Steven and I. They had some old army saddles that they modified for us. We'd run the horses up and down the streets of Veyo. Aunt Lila and Aunt Belle and anyone else that could catch us would stop the race. At our age (4-5) we didn't know the danger. We sure had some great times though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Way to go Grant and Susan. I love the stories. I do hope everyone of our cousins will contirbute their stories of Grandma,Grandpa and their family also about themselves and about the relationships with cousins.
ReplyDeleteI believe I rode those saddles! Wow, were they uncomfortable.
ReplyDelete